Guilt-Free Ice Cream recipes are always more enjoyable to eat than your highly processed and calorie-rich Ice cream from the frozen section in the grocery store. Not only are you using whole, nutrient dense fruits to satisfy your sweet tooth, but you also saving on hundreds of calories and still continue staying on track towards your goals.
For today's recipe, we used frozen Banana and Mango as the main fruits to make up the base, as these two create a creamy, sweet and thick consistency when combined and are loaded with tons of nutrients and minerals. Also, although both fruits are sweet by nature, they are lower in calories and fat, compared to regular store ice cream brands.
To slow down the insulin released when eating these fruits by themself, we also added Fiber G powder, which helps to keep blood sugar levels stable and won't cause your insulin levels to spike. Not only will you notice feeling more satiated after eating this Homemade Nice Cream, compared to regular Ice Cream, but you also won't feel a crash in blood sugar a few hours after giving into your sweet craving.
Keep in mind to be thoughtful when selecting your toppings and make sure that you don't opt for options that are filled with processed sugar (eg. Granola). Rather, choose low sugar berries, including blueberries, raspberries and strawberries, and nuts and seeds to add healthy fats to the recipe.
Alright then! Enough Intro. Let's get to the Recipe Already.
- 1 1/2 Cup Frozen Mango Chunks
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 1/2 Frozen Banana
- 1 Cup Coconut Water
- 1 Scoop Fiber G (click here to purchase)
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 Fresh Sliced Banana
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Mango Slices
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Pineapple Slices
- 1/2 Homemade Granola (click here for Recipe)
- Before starting the recipe, make sure that you freeze all your frozen ingredients needed for the recipe overnight, including 1/2 Banana, 1 1/2 Cup Mango Chunks and 1/2 Cup Pineapple Chunks. Freezing these ingredients is key to achieve the perfect nice cream consistency.
- To get started, add all the ingredients listed above into a high-speed blender and begin blending. After a few seconds, turn off blender and mix around ingredients with the help of a spatula or spoon. Then, blend again. Repeat this progress until you have reached your desired consistency. Keep in mind, making the perfect nice cream is a process and takes patience, so don't rush the process! If more liquid is required, simply add a few more ounces of coconut water to the mix.
- Once your nice cream is ready to be served, add your favorite toppings. Be creative with this step. Toppings can include fresh or frozen fruit, granola, honey, nuts, seeds or coconut flakes.
- Lastly, place your nice cream into the freezer for a 5-10 min. to avoid it from melting.
We hope you will give the recipe a try and love it as much as we do.
Have you tried Fiber G yet?
Fiber G is a 3-in-1 Fiber Blend that tastes amazing and works wonders. It contains 40 bio. probiotics, soluble and insoluble fiber as well as L-Glutamine. Ingredients that are essential for a healthy gut & a smooth digestion.
Click here to purchase. It works really well with smoothies and is super easy to incorporate in you daily nutrition.
We hope you enjoyed today's nice cream recipe. Please make sure to tag us if you decide to make this recipe at home and follow us on social media. Details below:
Tag & Follow us
- #MySourceNutrition #GutHealth #SmoothieRecipe #HighFiber #NiceCream
Welcome to MySource Nutrition
We are happy to welcome you to our community. Say goodbye to occasional constipation, bloating, sugar cravings and other gut related issues with MySource's Fiber G.