- 1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced, about 1/4 cup
- 3 cups mashed sweet potato (from about 3 roasted sweet potatoes)
- 3 tablespoons light miso
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a large, heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, ginger and lime juice. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the sweet potato. Pour in the vegetable stock and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring everything to a simmer and cover the pot. Cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the sweet potato is tender.
Using a hand blender, or working in batches with a standard blender, puree the soup until smooth.
Stir in the coconut milk and miso and cook for a few more minutes until it is heated through.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with fresh parsley.
We hope you enjoy this delicious miso soup recipe. For more recipes, subscribe to our newsletter to be notified weekly on new recipes and tips.
Tag & Follow us
- #FiberG #SweetPotatoMisoSoup #GutHealth
Welcome to MySource Nutrition
We are happy to welcome you to our community. Say goodbye to occasional constipation, bloating, sugar cravings and other gut related issues with MySource's Fiber G.